Updated May 2018
PURPOSE OF THIS notice
Humphrey & Grace (also referred to as ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘Project 14 ltd t/as Humphrey & Grace’) is committed to respecting your privacy and personal information.
This notice describes what information we collect and how we use it in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK (‘Data Protection Legislation’).
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. Should you have any queries relating to this, please contact us.
If you have any questions regarding this notice you can contact us at
Humphrey & Grace
c/o 7 – 9 The Avenue
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time (ico.org.uk). If you do feel the need to complain, I would be grateful if you would contact me first to see if we can resolve the issue before taking it further.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We obtain personal data about you, for example, when:
- you fill in a form on our website, such as contact or comments
- you email us directly
- you subscribe to our updates and newsletters
- you download resources available on our website
- you purchase items through our shop
- automated technology may collect data as you use my website recording information about browsing and usage actions
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- your personal details such as your name, email address
- our correspondence and communications with you
- order information via our shop such as billing address, shipping address, payment information, name, telephone number & email address
- usage data which may include information on how you use our website
- information about any enquiries you make to us
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We may use your data as follows:
- to contact you via email with updates and services we think may be of interest to you – you may opt out of these communications at any time via the unsubscribe button contained within them, or by contacting us to request your details be removed from our records
- we will use your order information to fulfil orders from our online shop for processing those orders, shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations
- to deliver personalised communications to you
- to improve user experience on our website
- to notify you about any changes to our services
We may also process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in accordance with this notice, where we are legally required or permitted to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected. We respect your right to access and correct your personal information and you may request that we update any information held by contacting us. You may also request that we delete your personal data. We may need to retain some data for legally permitted purposes and this will be explained if necessary.
When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- the requirements of our business and the services provided
- any statutory or legal obligations
- the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data
- the lawful grounds on which we based our processing
- the types of personal data we have collected
- the amount and categories of your personal data
- whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose for which we collected it, we will only use your personal data where that reason is compatible with the original purpose. Should it be necessary to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will notify you and communicate the legal basis which allows us to do so before starting any new processing.
We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone other than to affiliates under Humphrey & Grace’s control, except that we sometimes use other platforms to perform specific functions on our behalf.
For example, we use Mailchimp to power our mailing lists. You can read more about how Mailchimp uses your Personal Information here.
We use Big Cartel to power our online store – you can read more about how Big Cartel uses your Personal Information here
We partner with third parties such as Royal Mail, MyHermes, to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. We provide the third party personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our website – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
We have put in place reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be made aware by contacting us, using the contact details above.
YOUR RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH PERSONAL DATA
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or another data controller if the processing is based on consent, carried out by automated means and this is technically feasible.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may periodically update this notice. Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be updated on our website at http://www.humphreyandgrace.co.uk/privacy-notice/